Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

New gig!

 Well, it's now the end of January 2021...and true to form I didn't get into the habit of update my blog regularly like I want to...

One reason is,  I started a part-time job, merchanding for Hallmark

Which I love, but after having a desk job with Mystical Scrapbooks since 2008... being on my feet nearly killed me!!  I started in November 2020 and it took a good month before my poor, tired, and unfit body started getting used to it!

I now only ache in a manageable way....

So scrapping has been a no-go while I try and meld the two jobs together.. Mystical and Hallmark, I think I'm starting to get it together ( Touching wood while saying 3 Hail Mary's)

The idea is to work 3 1/2 days Tue- Wed- Thurs, leaving the afternoon evenings for Mystical.... and I'm sure I will get faster and actually manage to get home just after lunch at some stage!!  

Some highlights of the last few months...

I held a Halloween lunch birthday for Sue and Yvonne on the 1st of November.  And had such fun creating the decorations.


I made Vampire teeth napkin holders


Found these stunning candle holders on FB marketplace


Gary help me hand witch's hats and brooms from the patio roof


The gang...

 
I made a birthday cake, layers of white chocolate and mud chocolate.


The Menu:
Gravestone Sandwiches - Cucumber  & cream cheese
Monkey Brains - Meatballs in an onion gravy, served in a pita cup
Devil Eggs
Intestines - Long homemade sausage roll, with dollops of tomato sauce
Shrunken heads - Jacket baby potatoes with faces carved in them, oven-roasted and served with avocado, sour cream and garlic dip
Roast chicken and salad
Mini quiches 
and I'm sure there was something else, but I didn't take many photos of the food so I can't remember! 

I even found a fogger on eBay to create a witch cauldron

Our Sister Witches 

I brought in some new Halloween papers, but I've not scrapped these yet!

Then it was time to decorate for Christmas....




No comments:

Post a Comment