Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

2023

The last 6 months of 2023 have not been great for us as we lost my beloved father-in-law, Alan....and sadly as is often the case, family problems came to a head, and 1 BIL decided to step away from the family instead of coming together. And I'm happy to live with his decision......

And then, about 2 months later our little dog Bailey got sick and passed.

Gary and I had a Singapore holiday planned for the 1st week of December, so it was nice to get away and relax a bit before Christmas.

This year, we had a more subtle Christmas with minimal decorations and a candle display instead of the Christmas village.

Every year I took a photo of Bailey and Ethan in front of the tree with Santa hats on.
Taking this photo without Bailey was hard.....

Our tree Red Gold and Green


LED candles.  Most for the candle holders I found hidden at the back of cupboards, and some I purchased via Marketplace

With just the 5 of us for Christmas lunch, I did a hot lunch for the first time in about 15 years! 
Roasted turkey and ham, with roasted garlic potatoes, roasted carrots, cauliflower cheese, (with homemade cheese sauce) and peas & corn.




I took the year off scrapping to sort out my office and craft space... I did not achieve that goal...

Ethan bought his first car in July... And started his first job on May 25th at Superfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment