Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015

Wow, another year has come around, and once again I would like to get back into blogging...

I always found it help when I came to scrap a page, I could refer back to my blog for dates and any relevant info that went with the photo.....I have a rotten memory for dates!

But first a bit of a flash back, I told some friends that I would post about my Halloween Afternoon tea....I started the post, but never got back to publish it!

So here it is.... Warning....lots of photos :)

I've had so much fun planing this afternoon...

This idea started when I got back from Sydney and realized that I had been home for 2 weeks and hadn't seen anyone...so I looked for a reason to get everyone together, 2 girls have birthdays around Halloween....so why not a Halloween based afternoon tea.

The invites....



I spent quite a bit of time on Pinterest and found some very cool decorating ideas and some yummy recipes..

Then Op shops, flea markets and spotlight became my favorite haunts... I became obsessed with finding small ceramic houses....I trolled the Buy and Sell pages of Facebook, and visited flea markets every weekend trying to find some... I found one, and silly me forgot to take a 'before' photo, but here it is painted matte black....as was everything else


These little mini vase's cost me $1.50 for all 3 at a local flea market, a coat of matte black paint, some wax stoppers and some tags and they became poison bottles.  And you don't have to be too perfect with them as they are suppose to be old and and it rough...



I collected some cool jars, and filled them with some items I found at the discounts shops, made some labels, soaked them in tea to help give them an aged look.....Just what you would expect to find in a witches house...


I also found some candle holders and serving platter at the flea market for just a few dollars, again a coat of black matte paint and they were perfect for Halloween, but the most fun I had was making the bats!

I found the idea on Pinterest, which took me to this blog and an entry by Jonathan Fong - eHow Contributor  here

So Ethan and I tool a walk to the local park and found some perfect sticks, coat of paint, some felt and fur....a bit of glue and I had the perfect decoration for over the table...



I think everyone enjoy the afternoon, and I had a heap of fun creating it...



Next post....Christmas...giggle
Cheers
Donna
















No comments:

Post a Comment